Fed up of all those invasive and intrusive adverts that bother you while you try to visit your favorite web pages from your phone? In that case, the best thing you can do is download the APK of some sort of adblocker. Adblock has its own browser for Android smartphones and tablets, but if you're looking for an alternative to Eyeo's product because you're not too happy with their whitelist policies, try out this Adguard Content Blocker.
A decent alternative to Adblock Plus for Android.
However, we must admit that it isn't as good as the app developed by the Germans that have so much experience in this sector. To start off, it behaves like a complement to our browser, but it's only compatible with two of them, none of which are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. So, to be able to use the application we have to download Yandex or Samsung Internet Browser, which can certainly put many users off, although once this problem has been solved it turns out to be very efficient.
Main features of this Adguard Adblocker
- Block any advert, advert banner or pop-up.
- Open-source development, the code of which is available on GitHub.
- Disable the tracking of our browsing habits on behalf of different webs.
- Speed up the load time of web pages as there's no need to wait for the ads to be displayed.
- Reduce your data consumption since mobile adverts can mean up to 80% of your phone bill.
- Configure filters to allow ads on the webs of your choice.