Who doesn't love eating marshmallows roasted on a fire? This popular sweet gave its name to Google's Android version 6, its Linux-based operating system that was presented in May of 2015 at the Google I/O and that started arriving on smartphones and tablets in October of that same year.
The greatest updated of Android 6 regarding previous versions is its permission management.
What was new in this version of Android?
Regarding, Android 5 Lollipop, Android 6 Marshmallow came along with the following changes and updates:
- Redesigned permission manager.
- Google Now on Tap to expand Google Now to your entire device.
- Support for fingerprints.
- Contactless payment system Android Pay.
- Application restores and backups after switching devices or returning to factory settings.
- Simplified content sharing with Direct Share.
- Simplified volume controls.
- Native file explorer.
- RAM performance improvements.
- New emojis.
- Slight changes to the interface.
- Compatibility with Bluetooth pens.
- Official support for SD cards and USB.
Smartphones with Android Marshmallow
Among the first devices to incorporate this new version of the most extended operating system in the world were the Sony Xperia X3, Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7, Huawei Mate 8 or Motorola Moto G Plus, among others.