Angry Birds is a game for Android that has been a great success worldwide, having been downloaded by millions of people and counting on a legion of fans. The game, that is available totally free on Google Play with the only drawback of including adverts, presents a group of birds that have had their eggs stolen by green pigs, something that has really upset them. Now they will do whatever it takes to destroy these menacing pigs.
Recover the eggs and destroy all the green pigs!
In Angry Birds you'll find more than 500 different levels, divided into several chapters that are updated every now and again, making it a game that is always growing. The mechanics, even though simple at a glance, are more complicated than they may seem, solving many of the puzzles can be very challenging, though loaded with fun. Each level has an area full of green pigs and objects made out of various materials forming a structure. On the left of the screen you'll see a giant sling with a few birds that you have to launch, completing the level if you manage to wipe out all the pigs before you run out of birds.
The angriest birds
Angry Birds offers a wide range of birds that you'll be able to use, even though not all of them are available in all the phases, and their number also varies. The complete list of birds is as follows:
- Red bird: the basic model, without any special features.
- Yellow bird: click on it, and it will accelerate for a moment, destroying all fragile materials that it encounters like wood and glass.
- Blue bird: this small bird divides into three when you click on it, destroying the pigs and glass that it encounters in its path.
- Black bird: this heavy bird explodes a few seconds after entering in contact with an obstacle or when clicked on, destroying absolutely everything around it.
- White bird: if you click on it while airborne, it will drop an explosive egg that will destroy almost everything that is around it when it touches something.
- Green bird: this bird changes direction when clicked, using a boomerang effect that has a lot more destructive power.
- Big Brother bird: like the red bird, but much bigger and more destructive.
- Orange bird: the last one added, it starts off very small but when clicked it fills up with air becoming gigantic.
There are levels that are really difficult, but you can resort to extra help: you can acquire the Mighty Eagle, a powerful eagle that will destroy everything that is on that level, making you overcome it instantly. It's worth mentioning that this is a real purchase within Angry Birds.