AutoCAD is the CAD and 3D modeling program par excellence and, therefore, demanded a version for smartphones, tablets, and devices that guaranteed user mobility, such as laptops. That's the reason behind the development of AutoCAD Mobile, the program that lets you work with DWG files wherever you are, carrying out the program's most basic functions: view, create, edit, and share.
The program comes along with a simplified interface and functions to carry out the most usual actions with this software, such as loading and opening 2D drawings from a hard drive, email or external storage unit. The views provide us with all the aspects of the file, as well as external references, layers, and underlying image copies.
Ideal for students or anyone that has to check plans on site.
The mobile version of AutoCAD, previously known as AutoCAD 360, comes along with the following features in the version that you can download for free:
- Open and view files in DWG format.
- Carry out precise measurements on the design.
- Use zoom and multi-touch framing functions for touchscreens whenever you have to browse on large-sized drawings.
- Work offline and sync with the cloud whenever you've got an Internet connection.
- Connect with online storage services of the likes of Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive.
- Share designs with other users.
- Create designs in PDF format.
In any case, all these features can be expanded depending on the plan chosen. There are three different modes: Free, Premium, and Ultimate. The two latter Pro subscriptions go beyond the original features allowing the creation of designs with the usual functions that we can find in the paid version of AutoCAD.
You have to take into account that the free option has been designed so that any user can open any design wherever he goes and work on it without needing to check any other aspect. Therefore, don't expect to have the same functions as in AutoCAD 2017.