One of the favorite sayings of alleged computer experts is that There is no such thing as a virus for Mac. You should forget about this statement and pay attention to tools like Bitdefender Virus Scanner. This tool has been developed by Bitdefender, in charge of antivirus applications for Windows, like Internet Security and Total Security, and that has now arrived on other platforms such as Android or Mac.
Yep, a virus scanner for Mac
The function of this program is to scan the operating system searching for all sorts of malware that may jeopardize the stability of our computer. From the OS X register to our downloads, including our inbound email tray. It offers us one of the first measures to be adopted in the case of danger.
A simple and efficient tool to look for viruses on Mac.
- Detection of OS X and Windows viruses.
- Automatic update of malware databases.
- Search for viruses in all sorts of files, including PDF, PKG, ZIP or RAR among others.
- Different kinds of scans.
- Quarantine for dangerous files.
- Simple interface design.
- Possibility to exclude folders.