When it was first released as a game for Facebook, its developers couldn't even dream about it reaching the success it has achieved: millions of players hooked on from the very first moment, sending invitations to all their contacts, just like they used to do with FarmVille.
Moving on to mobile platforms
The game's success led to a version for iPhone as well as the subsequent APK for Android smartphones and tablets, which ended up confirming Candy Crush Saga as one of the most profitable games developed by King.com. Obviously, a version for PC had to come next, so here's the edition for Windows 10.
One of the greatest hits in the short history of mobile games.
So here it is on our desktop, the game that repeats the winning formula of Bejeweled and Jewel Quest, but this time around with candies instead of gems and precious stones. And no, you're not going to find anything different on your computer than what you've already seen on your phone or tablet, in fact, it's exactly the same game.
By the way... how to play it?
Well, that's a shocking question, since you probably know hot to play this game off by heart as you've surely played other similar games before. You have to swap the position of several elements on the board in order to line-up horizontally or vertically three o more identical blocks. That's when they disappear and their space is occupied by others, with new items appearing on the panel.
You usually have to try to reach a certain number of sweets to complete each panel, but you can also play against the clock or any other game mode.
Some of the features of this addictive game
One of the key aspects that have led so many people to play this title, including your mom, is that it's free. However, it's definitely a case to be studied because, together with Clash of Clans, it's one of the highest grossing games thanks to its in-app purchases. And just in case you don't recall it, here are some of the functions and features you'll come across:
- Match 3 game that's about combining identical candies in groups of at least three to clear them off the board.
- 4 game modes: timed levels, target score, drop down mode and order mode.
- Increase your score thanks to special candy boosters or power-ups.
- Unleash chain reactions that will give you more points.
- Thousands of levels available that increase every week with each new update.
- Daily prizes by spinning this special wheel.
- Special unlockable wheels as you manage to solve puzzles and surpass levels.
- General standings with your score and the achievements of your friends.
- Synchronizable games: continue on your Android or iPhone where you left off on your PC.
What's the highest level in the game?
For your information, you should be happy to know that there's no way you're going to be able to complete this game. There are thousands of levels available but, with each new update released every week, there are new screens that make it impossible to ever end, although we encourage you to try it out for yourself.
Now that you know, don't hesitate to lend Tiffi and Toffee a hand around Candy Kingdom in a game that will glue you to your PC from the very first moment. Just wait until you start playing. And don't forget that if you need more, you can always have a go at Jelly Saga.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog available.