In the never ending war between Internet browsers, the one developed by Google is still the favorite for the majority of users. In fact, it's got almost a billion users from all over the world and the majority of sources place it in the first position in terms of popularity with a market share that exceeds 50% of the total.
And it's so popular on different devices thanks to its versions not only for iPhone, but also for Windows PC, Linux, macOS or Android in APK format. Google has managed to do so thanks to the integration of all the company's online functions and services into the web browser, turning it into a control center that its users can use to access them all: Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive...
Speed, stability, and synchronization with the rest of devices: the main advantages of this browser.
The versions for smartphones appeared back in 2012, being the Android beta version the first to be released, soon followed by iOS just a few months later. Ever since then, we've been able to download this application to Apple's devices allowing us to browse much faster than with other important browsers. Chrome beats many of its rivals of the likes of Safari, Opera, and Firefox in several benchmark tests.
Main features of Google Chrome for iPhone
These are the most noteworthy functions that we can find in the iOS version:
- Synchronization of contents between devices. Sign in as a user and access the tabs and bookmarks established in this browser on other devices such as laptop or desktop PCs, smartphone or tablets.
- Faster browsing experience thanks to the fact that you can access the search results that appear instantly whilst you type your query into the Omnibox or quickly visit pages you've accessed previously.
- Make voice searches to find results and answers to your questions similarly to how virtual assistants of the likes of Siri or Cortana work.
- Translate the contents of web pages to your very own language.
- Make the most of the unlimited tabs feature to open as many contents as you want and quickly switch from one web to another.
- Protect your privacy thanks to the incognito mode which is very useful if you share your device with other users and you don't want them to snoop on your browsing habits. However, remember that bookmarks and downloads are saved on the device.
What's new in the latest version?
- Solves a problem that used to shut down the browser when switching tabs.
- Stability improvements and correction of errors.