Civilization appeared in 1991 thanks to the video game designer Sid Meier. It was a turn-based strategy game that worked under a simple premise: choose a civilization from the history of mankind and make it evolve from the Stone Age to the future. Over 25 years later and 35 million copies sold, this saga is back with Civilization VI, which offers us the same challenge but with uncountable improvements.
Sid Meier's Civilization 6: a guarantee of high-quality
It isn't the sixth title in this saga but, apart from expansions, number eight after the successful Civilization V and Beyond Earth. We're back to the usual things: building an empire that resists the pass of time and becomes millenary. For such purpose, you'll have to investigate and discover, expand yourself, wage wars and, above all, evolve. And you'll have to so faster than your rivals, as progress is the key that will make you overshadow your enemies.
Its success has taken it way beyond Windows: to Mac, Android smartphones and tablets in APK format or iPhone.
What's new in this version?
Among its main features we'll find updates that will make the gaming experience much more dynamic:
- Expansive empires: now you'll see how your empire really expands. Cities occupy more space as they grow, being able to customize them and achieve a greater performance.
- Active investigation: you can use units to develop the environment, explore and discover new cultures from which you can adopt knowledge.
- Diplomacy: the relationships with other civilizations change throughout history, being able to evolve from violent conflicts to building alliances.
- Combined weapons: you can now combine in the same box different types of units to support each over or build specialized units.
- Extended multiplayer: the classic multiplayer options now have new situations and challenges that can be completed in a single session.
- Different difficulty levels: regardless of whether you're an advanced gamer or a beginner. If you know how Civilization works you'll have new ways of creating and improving your civilization. However, if you're not so experienced you can get hold of tutorials and cheats to help you progress.
You'll enjoy this new installment of the saga like never before. It comes along with stylish graphics, new animations and the participation of actors of the likes of Sean Bean for the voice-overs. And if you're wondering how to install it, you've only got to click on our link to access Steam straight away.