Although portable storage systems such as hard drives, flash memories, USB drives and other similar devices have reduced their size to the minimum extent at the same time that they've increased their storage capacity, we have to admit that it can still be quite annoying having to carry them around each time you want to take your files from one place to another.
Cloud storage services have become increasingly popular mainly due to the comfort of having a place to save all our documents and files, keeping them constantly accessible, but also the comfort of not having to worry about a physical support to carry them around as we only need an Internet connection.
There are quite a few online storage services that we can get hold of, but no so many stand out above the others. One of them is definitely Dropbox, one of the most used services in the world, and that comes along with versions for different platforms such as Windows PC, Linux, macOS, Android in APK format, and of course for iOS devices. It's considered as one of the best due to the different features and options that it offers its users, both in the free version as well as in its different payment plans (Plus, Pro or Business).
The place to store your photos, documents, videos, and other files
And now that you know what Dropbox is all about, and what it's for, we can also tell you that the app is also very useful to make backups. Your multimedia files and any other documents can be shared automatically with the application that will store them in your private storage space. From there, you can download them whenever you want, as well as being able to share them with other people through links.
Save your files safely and get hold of them whenever you need them.
These are the main features and functions available:
- Access your files from any device even if you're offline.
- Function to create and edit Microsoft Office files.
- Share large files by means of links without needing to attach them to your messages.
- Save attachments to your emails straight away.
- Share with the application any document on your iPhone or iPad.
How much does the full version cost?
There are three different plans to use this service:
- Basic: free for both computers and mobile phones. It offers 2 GB of free space.
- Plus: a subscription that you can pay either monthly or annually and that offers you 1 TB of free space. It costs 99€ per year or 9.99€ per month.
- Business: for companies and large organizations. Its price depends on the space required and country from where you're registering.
Which one's better? Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud...?
The truth is that they're all great alternatives, although on many occasions it will depend on the kind of operating system used or the services that we're used to. For the users of Gmail that usually work with Chrome, Google's solution is probably the best. The same goes for Microsoft and OneDrive users, or those used to using iCloud...
You won't find too many differences between the offer of these storage suppliers so, at the end of the day, it's all going to be down to how keen you are on their ecosystems.
What's new in the latest version?
- Interface updates.
- Solves problems with the export of videos and the Back button in TXT files.