Whenever you've had to change your computer, you've probably come across the problem of having to move all the information over from the old PC to the new one. This can be even more complicated if we want to transfer applications that come along with a license of use.
But there's no need to worry if we use a tool of the likes of EaseUS Todo PCTrans, an application that we can use to transfer data and applications from one computer to another. It's a wizard to migrate our computer for which we don't require advanced knowledge and any user can get around to using it.
How to transfer data and software from one computer to another? Here's the solution
With this tool, you'll be able to transfer between Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 documents, files, folders, photos, music, and registered applications or programs with a commercial license, preserving their settings safely. You can do so from an older operating system to a newer one, or the other way around provided that there are no compatibility problems.
The program offers three kinds of transfers:
- Through a network connection: carried out by means of two computers connected to the same LAN.
- Through an image file: the program generates an image with all the information to be transferred which is later interpreted by EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the destination computer.
- Transfer of local applications: all the files are moved between local disks.
Once we've chosen the method, we can transfer both applications and user data, and after that, the program will analyze the information to be transferred. That can take more or less time depending on their size. Remember that the program must be installed on both PCs.
It even works between computers that run on 32 and 64-bits.
To sum up, these are the main features and functions of this application:
- Transfer the user's settings and the energy options.
- Transfer applications and data over the network, by means of an image file or in local mode, from disk to disk.
- Support for different Windows operating systems: Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 as well as XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
We're talking about an excellent tool that will save us plenty of time and headaches when we want to switch our computer.