If you're one of those users that were desperately looking for the release date of FIFA 18, you should be happy to know that you'll be able to purchase the full version on September 29th. In the meantime, you can have fun by downloading its demo version that gives us a glimpse of all the new features of one of the most popular video game franchises.
This new installment of the famous football game that's a major hit on Windows, PS3, PS4, Xbox, iPhone, and Android, has gone a step further in terms of realistic graphics and action. It has done so thanks to Frostbite, that narrows the thin line between virtuality and reality, offering us players that look like the real thing, atmospheres that take is to real stadiums where the action takes place, and a new animation system that brings out the best of the personality of each player.
Everything you've seen to the date in previous versions of FIFA can be found in this new edition, but much improved:
- Real player movement technology that recreates on our screen in the most faithful and accurate manner the movements of each player on the pitch.
- The personality of each player is shown on the pitch. Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi, Robben... they've all got their own clone in the game.
- Improvements to dribbling techniques allowing us to take on 1 vs 1 situations with greater creativity.
- Alex Hunter is back in The Journey mode. The career mode introduced in FIFA 17 is back again. Now, more clubs have set their eyes on our young star and we'll have more chances to customize him and decide on his future.
- FIFA Ultimate Team, the card game, incorporates all the FUT icons. The greatest players of all time such as Ronaldo Nazario, Pelé or Maradona can play for your team.
The game in which Andy Carroll finally scores a goal.
Three editions of FIFA 2018 with features associated with FIFA Ultimate Team
This time around, the game comes along with three different editions with different prices and features associated with FUT. So if you're a fan of this online game, you might be interested in the following information:
- Standard Edition: with a price of 59.95€, it offers all the basic features of the game.
- Ronaldo Edition: the version featuring the Real Madrid star has a price of 79.95€ and comes along with 20 Premium Jumbo gold envelopes.
- Icon Edition: it comes along with 40 Premium Jumbo gold envelopes, you can play with Cristiano Ronaldo during 5 FUT matches, and for 20 weeks you can have the player of the week for three matches.
FIFA 18 vs PES 18: which one's better?
The eternal question that brings up plenty of controversy amongst fanboys of one title and the other. Konami's PRO has also improved significantly in its latest installment although it still doesn't include the official license of all the players and teams, which is a great handicap compared to its rival. In terms of graphics, FIFA offers us duller colors whilst they are brighter in PES. When it comes to playing, we'll notice the greatest differences... Pro Evolution Soccer is slightly more realistic in terms of playability once the ball starts rolling, especially when it comes to playing physics. FIFA, on the contrary, has a better atmosphere and environment.
All in all, if you decide to purchase and download FIFA 18, you'll have bought an extraordinary football game with the latest technology that Electronic Arts is capable of offering us.