There are multiple compression applications available on the market, whether WinZIP, WinRAR or 7-Zip, but every now and again a new program appears trying to make itself a space on the market, like the space occupied years ago by ARJ or WinACE. That is exactly what's happening with FreeArc.
A new compression format
Just like many of its predecessors, FreeArc is compatible with ZIP and RAR files, but it also introduces its own compression format, that according to its developers is much more efficient than those mentioned earlier, and it also works between 2 and 5 times quicker.
Among the other features of FreeArc those worth highlighting are:
- Includes a total of 11 compression algorithms.
- Allows the intelligent update of compressed data, only changing the solid blocks that have changed.
- Uses four different encryption methods to protect the compressed data: AES, Blowfish, Twofish or Serpent.
- Allows the creation of self-extracting files.
- Can be added to the Windows Explorer by means of a plug-in.
- And many more...
Therefore, if you want to discover a modern and dynamic compressor that has the added benefit of being free, you only have to download FreeArc for free.