If you thought that cutting up fruit would never manage to become the plot of a video game, that's because you haven't had a go at Fruit Ninja Free. This app developed by Halfbrick Studios offers us a fun game in which the only thing we have to do is slice fruit in the air.
Bananas, apple, pineapples, pears, coconuts, strawberries... slice them all, but careful with the bombs.
How to play?
Installing the APK of this game will offer you a title in which you'll have to slice up all the pieces of fruit that appear on screen with your katana sword. The gameplay goes as follows:
- Step 1: choose a sword from the player's start menu. You'll begin with a basic katana, but as you advance and score points, you'll be able to purchase better and sharper knives.
- Step 2: once the game starts, different pieces of fruit will appear in front of you, disappearing straight away. Try to cut them before they fall by quickly swiping across them with your finger. If you miss 3 it will be game over.
- Step 3: you'll also lose if you cut any of the bombs. The latter appear just like the pieces of fruit, and sometimes combined with them, so be careful if you don't want to explode.
This game, initially released in 2010, has both free and premium versions, and has landed on other platforms such as iPhone, PC or Xbox, playable by means of Kinect, thanks to its success on Android.
Based on the abovementioned gameplay, Fruit Ninja offers us different features and modes that slightly change our approach to the game:
- Three game modes: classic, arcade and zen.
- Different mini-games.
- World rankings.
- Local multiplayer gaming option.
- Different combos and scenarios.
Now that you know, try out this entertaining game right away and prove that you can become the best fruit cutter.