Even if Apple can't stand the idea, it has to put up with Google on iPhone. Except for a tiny minority that uses Yahoo or Bing, the search engine developed by the guys at Mountain View, archenemies of those at Cupertino, is the most popular in the world and unless the users of Apple products are real fanboy fundamentalists, they're not going to waiver this tool despite the constant disputes between these two corporations.
This application offers us a much more customized user experience.
So if you're a user that's not too bothered about smearing the stunning, beautiful, spotless and almost artistic design of iOS with Google's poor, hayseed, and uncouth service, you can use the official Google Search application to find whatever kind of information you may be looking for or need as soon as possible.
Built-in Google Now
Apart from having everything offered by the search engine that owns the Internet just one screen tap away, you can also make use of Google Now, the tool that comes along with virtual assistant functions and that incorporates voice searches, although it doesn't intend to be Siri.
With this application that's so common on Android smartphones, you'll be able to make use of the following functions on your iPhone without requiring to use Safari, Chrome or any other browser you may have:
- Search for anything on the web: make all sorts of queries, including the location of restaurants, what's on at the movies or the results of your favorite team.
- Search for information in different services: maps, images, and photos, videos, flights, news...
- Search for contacts and recover the information you've written down about them.
- View the weather forecast.
- Read the latest news about sports, movies, events...
- Configure and schedule reminders.
- Check the traffic information.
- Carry out geolocation-based voice searches.
And as usual in almost all modern apps and devices, the more you use it the better results you'll obtain as the system learns from your habits of use. Without a doubt, it's the most customized way of using Google and finding the information you need whenever and wherever you need it.