It has never been so easy to be able to have an external video surveillance camera that you can be constantly connected to via WiFi or a data network from a smartphone or tablet. Home Security Camera - Alfred allows you to set up your very own from your phone by simply using the camera.
How to turn your smartphone into a video surveillance camera?
How this app works is very simple and you'll only need a couple of mobile phones (although it also works with only one) and a Gmail account to associate both devices. Install the APK on each handset, one will act as the receiver and the other as the transmitter. In other words, you'll be able to connect to the other phone you've left as the camera to know what's going on in the area you're watching.
Possibly the cheapest external WiFi camera surveillance system you can set up.
It comes along with the following features:
- Compatibility between iPhone and Android phones.
- Battery saving device that switches off the screen after long periods of time.
- Possibility to turn on the flashlight, rotate the image, swap between the front and rear camera, activate the high-sensitivity night mode from the viewing device.
- Movement detection.
- Send notifications to the viewing phone.
- Enable audio to listen remotely.
- Possibility to talk into the viewing phone and receive the message on the recording phone.
Install your own homemade CCTV.
You can give this closed surveillance circuit different uses: from seeing what's going on outside your house to keeping an eye on your baby at night or knowing what you