WhatsApp, Telegram, Allo, LINE... Although the former is the absolute king of instant messaging there's an increasing amount of options to choose from to talk to our contacts by instant messaging. imo could seem like just another one in the queue, but it's really much more than that.
It's an instant messaging service that uses the VoIP protocol for communication, as is the case of Microsoft's Skype but, unlike the latter, it doesn't include any geographical restrictions, it's totally free and it requires a minimum bandwidth to work correctly. In countries like Cuba, in which access to the Internet is limited and there are plenty of restrictions on behalf of providers, this is the most popular instant messaging app.
The most used messaging application in Cuba.
Main features of this desktop client
- Send written messages in real-time.
- Possibility to call al over the world by VoIP.
- Video calls totally free of charge.
- Option to create group chats.
- Three different themes to customize the interface.
- Includes emoticons to express emotions in writing.
- Allows us to send files from our PC such as images, audio, and video.
- Hardly requires any bandwidth to work correctly.
How to use imo on a PC?
This service, like WhatsApp and other messaging applications, started off as a mobile app for smartphones and tablets but its users started demanding a PC version to gain in comfort. When you're working in your office or browsing at home it's much more comfortable to use these tools straight from your PC to chat with your contacts on a larger screen and using a physical keyboard.
Using this client is very easy, you only have to follow some simple steps to start chatting, calling or holding video conferences from your PC as if it were a smartphone:
- Step 1: install the mobile app on your phone.
- Step 2: install the file offered via our Download button on your computer.
- Step 3: type in your phone number in the program's main menu.
- Step 4: check the number code received by message on your phone.
- Step 5: copy that number into your Windows client.
After correctly synchronizing the mobile application with the desktop client, you can start chatting or talking via VoIP with all your contacts on this service, totally for free, without using up all your bandwidth and very easily.