Inkscape is a powerful vector graphics editor, that uses the W3C standard: the SVG format (Scalable Vector Graphics).
Some of its main features are:
- Draw all kinds of shapes and traces, as well as performing complex operations with them.
- Support for text, text alignment and text in traces.
- Cloning option, alpha channel mixing, use of layers, transformations, gradients,...
- Vectorize graphic files.
- Direct XML editing.
- Support for Creative Commons metadata.
- Import multiple formats: PS, EPS, JPEG, PNG and TIFF.
- Export to PNG and other formats based on vectors.
Discover everything that you can do with vector graphics, thanks to Inkscape, the best free open source application with support for the XML, SVG and CSS standards.