If you're fed up of the boring greetings you usually send every year to wish a Merry Christmas, a Happy Birthday or celebrate any other event, that's because you still don't know JibJab, the online application to create eCards with which you create totally customized digital greetings.
Types of JibJab eCards
Its cards are classified into different categories in which we can find plenty of templates to create funny greetings on video and totally free of charge:
- Holidays: Greet a special festivity. Find cards for Christmas or to celebrate Hanukkah, Halloween, St. Patrick's Day or Mothers Day.
- Everyday Fun eCards: Gangnam Style, polka or "disco" dances.
- Birthday: perfect for birthday parties.
- Anniversary: Greet an anniversary.
- You Rock: tell someone they are the best! Congratulate brilliant ideas.
- Sorry: earn the forgiveness of someone with these sincere apologies.
Where can I download JibJab for free?
Well, there some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that it can't be downloaded, whether free or paying for it. The good news is that it's an online application that you can use straight from your browser without needing to download anything to your PC. The only requirements is that you need to register for free to be able to share your creation and have at hand the photos you want to use to customize the cards (although we can also use our Facebook profile picture),
How much does it cost? Nothing, it's free unless you want a premium account.
However, if you're looking for something similar to download to your smartphone, whether you use Android or iPhone, you can try out Elf Yourself. It's exclusively focused on Christmas motifs and the range of videos available is much smaller, but it's also very useful to create original greetings that won't leave anyone cold.
So, how do I create videos with this online app?
Using JibJab is as easy as following these steps:
- Step 1: Login through Facebook or by means of your own credentials for this application.
- Step 2: Browse through the chosen category and select a template between the dozens available.
- Step 3: Watch the sample video and if you think it's cool press the Personalize It Now button.
- Step 4: Choose the number of people that will appear in your video, between 1 and 5.
- Step 5: Upload a photo of the face to be used, take it with your webcam or steal it from Facebook.
- Step 6: Modify the size of the image, rotate it and adjust the eye line and mouth shape following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 7: Drag the pictures to the template and repeat the process with all the other people that will appear in the video.
- Step 8: Add a title to your video and view the result that you can share with your contacts by email or social networks.