A few years ago, for 3D modeling and animation it was necessary to have 3DS Max, that had and still has a license price that is way out of the reach of many users that only spend time on 3D computer graphic creation as a hobby.
But nowadays these users have free alternatives with great quality like Blender or K3D.
K3D is a powerful GPL application that offers the possibility to create 3D models and animations, with the maximum flexibility and power. To do so, it implements procedural and parametric work flows.
The main features of K3D are:
- Powerful 3D creation application based on pipeline architecture and the use of complements.
- Image rendering by means of the RenderMan engine.
- Easy access to different utilities by using menus: material manager, animation timeline, node list, UV editor, etc.
- It own extension format .K3D.
- Compatible with Wavefront OBJ, GTS, RAW, OpenFX, OFF, RIB, etc. and with the most usual image formats.
- Includes help and tutorial files.
Let your imagination run wild and build all kinds of objects and animated characters in three dimensions, thanks to K3D.
K3D is a free tool to model in three dimensions. Download K3D free on your personal computer and create 3D animations with your own objects and characters
Timothy M. Shead
Over a year ago