This distribution based on Debian and developed by the company Offensive Security is the official successor of BackTrack Linux. In Kali Linux you can find all sorts of tools relative to computer security and auditing.
Wide range of security tools.
This distro is really easy to install, but not so easy to use, as it's recommended for users with plenty of experience with this kind of tools.
Programs preinstalled on Kali
Kali Linux comes along over 600 preinstalled programs, including:
- Maltego, a program to gather data about people or business on the Internet.
- Nmap, a port scanner.
- Kismet, a passive sniffer to detect wireless networks.
- Wireshark to analyze data traffic.
- Aircrack-ng, tools to find vulnerabilities on social networks.
- John the Ripper, a password cracker.
- And many more.