LabChirp is a tool specialized in generating sounds, whether to include them in musical pieces, so that they are part of the setting for a video game or a background tune for a video.
- Support for several channels. Up to 8 independent channels that allow you to copy settings from one to another to create complex sounds.
- Includes modulation controls for vibrato and tremolo.
- Use envelopes to provide your sound with shape.
- Apply all kinds of conventional waveforms (sinus, triangular, sawtooth, square, noise) or create your own customized waveforms.
- Generate sound randomly with the 'Randomizer' function.
Generate your own sounds
LabChirp can generate all kinds of tones, just as a synthesizer would do. In fact, its handling is very similar to these instruments. Select the waveform that you want to use, its frequency and volume, as well as the frequency and amplitude of the modulation.
The program offers a couple of windows to view the waveform as well as the envelope shape. It is a good method to have a visual reference, but don't forget it: only your hearing will be able to value each sound properly. With regard to audio, you should always rely more on your hearing than your eyesight.
Download LabChirp for free, a multipurpose sound generator that shouldn't be missing from your computer.