Fruity Loops is known as one of the most stable and easy-to-use sequencers on the market, because with a graphical interface similar to those used by the groove boxes of the 80's (TR-808 or TR-909) we can create songs without having great musical knowledge. If you need a similar tool, but for free, you can make use of LMMS.
Everything you need to produce music on your PC.
LMMS is a free alternative to Fruity Loops, and it gives us access to a tool that is very similar, that has a good audio engine and all the options necessary to finish complete songs from its interface.
Main options of LMMS
The most important features of LMMS are:
- Independent bass and rhythm editor for their subsequent conversion to loops.
- Piano-Roll MIDI editing system.
- FX mixer with 64 independent FX channels.
- Native virtual instruments that are compatible with effects and VST and VSTi instruments.
- Independent automation of all controllable parameters.
If you still don't have a sequencer, and you want to start mixing your own songs, but you find it too expensive to buy a commercial sequencer, try out LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio), the free alternative to FL Studio, and you'll see that you don't need anything else to be a musical producer.