Although MySQL is one of the most popular relational database management systems (RDBMS), it is also a fact that there are other interesting developments. This is the case of MariaDB, a MySQL fork implemented by the community.
An improved version of MySQL.
Why should I use MariaDB?
The purchase of MySQL on behalf of Oracle has led many users to consider that the project may be entering a downward spiral. And MariaDB offers very appealing features:
- SQL server with GPL license.
- Robust, secure and scalable.
- Faster with complex loads.
- Inclusion of more storage engines: together with the standard storage mechanisms (MyISAM, BLACKHOLE, CSV, MEMORY and ARCHIVE) others are included such as two new ones like XtraDB that replaces InnoDB and FederatedX that replaces Federated.
- Integration of complete testing tools.
- Compatible with MySQL.
Download MariaDB for free and check out for yourself the advantages of this RDBMS.