Some of the videos with the MPG extension use this coding standard, and to be able to play them on our computer we have to have a multimedia player installed that is compatible with this format, like PowerDVD, KMPlayer or Media Player Classic, and their corresponding decoders. To get the decoders we recommend that you download MPEG-2 Video Decoder.
The installation of this filter pack is very simple. First, decompress in a folder the contents of the compressed ZIP file that you have downloaded. And then launch the register.bat file that you'll find inside.
MPEG-2 Video Decoder includes the following filters necessary to play MPG files coded with MPEG-2:
- Moonlight Elecard MPEG2 Video Decoder (mpgdec.ax).
- Moonlight Odio Dekoda (mlcom.ax).
- Moonlight-Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer (mpeg2dmx.ax).
- Elecard PVA Demultiplexer (pva_dmx.ax).
- Elecard PIM2 Null (pim2null.ax).