The oldest and most nostalgic people will remember fondly remember the golden period of optical discs. First CDs, then DVDs and finally Blu-rays became the favorite storage format for an entire generation that still wasn't aware of the advantages of USB memory sticks, portable hard drives or cloud storage.
It was the time of downloading movies and music from eMule and other similar P2P applications and then sharing those multimedia contents with our mates on discs that we purchased in pots of 10, 25 or even 50. And the program par excellence to record these discs was definitely Nero, whose name was inspired by the Roman emperor who was also into burning things.
Version 8 of the burning suite par excellence.
Many years have gone by and optical discs are no longer the in-thing. Or can you even remember the last time you recorded a disc? But that doesn't mean Nero is dead. No, definitely not; it has known how to renew itself and adapt to modern times. It's no longer at its peak like it was yesteryear with its Burning ROM, but it still offers its users a set of useful tools to work with optical discs and multimedia files, as proven by this Nero 8, considered by many as the best Nero of them all.
By downloading this version of Nero to our Windows PC we can install on our computer a set of modules that allow us, among others, to access the following functions and features:
- Copy and burn audio discs (including Jukebox and audiobooks), video discs and data discs.
- Edit photos and create slideshows.
- Convert audio files, mix tracks, edit and record sounds and create covers.
- Create, edit and capture video.
- Play audio, slideshows, videos and view photos.
- Make the application compatible with our Smart TV to manage all our multimedia files straight from our television set.
- Make, schedule and restore backups and create recovery discs.
Among the modules mentioned above, downloadable with the full version of this program, we have to point out the following:
- Nero StartSmart: the central control panel from which you can access the rest of the tools of the suite.
- Nero Burning ROM: probably the best-known tool that Allows you to comfortably burn any optical disc.
- Nero Express: a reduced version of Burning ROM with which you can burn discs quickly but with fewer options.
- Nero Home: tool to manage multimedia files.
- Nero Vision: program to capture video. After you connect the devices to your computer, you'll be able to record video.
- Nero BackItUp: tool to create backups of multimedia material.
- Nero WaveEditor: will allow you to edit, improve and record audio files.
- Nero CoverDesigner: easily create your own covers.
- Nero SoundTrax: DJ tool to remix music and audio tracks.
- Nero PhotoSnap: a simple image editor.
- Nero Recode: to convert formats and recode and compile DVDs.
- Nero Rescue Agent: Nero's recovery and restoration tool.
How to download, install and activate Nero 8?
Downloading this program is easy as clicking on our Download button, that will redirect you to the official Nero web, from where you can download Nero 8 Update Disc. In just a few seconds you'll have on your hard drive the online installer of just over 2 MB and that will take care of downloading all the files necessary for the full installation of this software. How much does the program weigh? Well, about 960 MB.
After forgetting about the installation of the somewhat annoying taskbars, the assistant will ask you for your username, organization, and especially, your series number. Obviously, we can't give you one, but by making a quick search on Google you'll be able to find different valid keys to use this program in trial or demo mode. Once inserted, choose between a typical and a custom installation, select which extensions will be associated with this software, and start enjoying your trial version.