Some users and programmers aren't at all convinced when it comes to using the Windows Installer System (MSI), and prefer to use other professional solutions, like Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS).
This application allows us to create both simple as well as advanced installers by means of scripts. The use of these scripts by Nullsoft Scriptable Install System allow the developer to create installers that can carry out all kinds of different actions and allow many different possibilities.
Some of the most important features of Nullsoft Scriptable Install System are:
- Creation of installers that are compatible with all versions of Windows from Windows 95 to Windows 7.
- Small size of the resulting installer, only reaching a total size of 34 kB.
- Integration of three compression methods: ZLib, BZip2 and LZMA.
- Creation of multi language installers, including 40 different languages that can be used. Furthermore, it support RTL (right-to-left writing) for Arab and Hebrew.
- Support for plug-ins that will increase the possibilities offered by the application.
- And many more.
So, if you need an application that will allow you to create an installer for your application, and you don't want to use the one developed by Microsoft, download and install Nullsoft Scriptable Install System, it's free.
With Nullsoft Scriptable Install System you can create simple or advanced Windows installers. Download Nullsoft Scriptable Install System for free
Over a year ago