Sam Liang, one of the former engineers of Google Maps, has launched an application to share locations in an intelligent manner. It's called PlaceUs, a tool that sends information about where you are or where you're going and what you're doing, but only to the people you want to share this information with. Thus, you can send an automatic message if you're caught up in a traffic jam, for instance, or if you've stopped by at the supermarket before going out with your date.
Your closest ones will always know where you are.
Main features of PlaceUs
- Automatic delivery of push notifications when you arrive or leave a certain place, such as home or work.
- Automatic detection of places visited previously.
- Save and check places in Favorites.
- Top 10 ranking of your most visited places.
- Private mode to control who can view your activity.
- Runs in the background.
By downloading PlaceUs for iPhone you'll manage to simplify the communication between you and your friends and family, saving time and not having to always have an eye on your phone to warn them about your situation at all times.