SkyORB 3D is an astronomy application for Mac that opens a window to the universe from your computer. It's a planetarium with real-time 3D representations of all the bodies up in the sky: planets, satellites, stars, galaxies, constellations and comets.
One of the best alternatives to Stellarium for Mac.
Once you've installed SkyORB on your Mac you can observe and study the firmament pretending to be anywhere on Earth and at any moment in history. Furthermore, it also comes along with a wide catalog and search engine of stars and other heavenly bodies so that you don't miss out on anything that happens at the other end of your virtual telescope.
All the functions of SkyORB 3D Lite
- Input your coordinates to fine-tune your observation location.
- Go back and forth in time to observe the stars at different moments in time.
- Observe the planets and satellites from a 3D planetarium.
- View a map of the sky in real time and observe the position of stars, constellations and comets.
- Real-time animation of everything that happens in our solar system.
- Possibility to follow the trajectory of comets and satellites.
- Simulation of total and partial moon and sun eclipses.