VoIP technology allows the use of an Internet connection to carry out phone calls and video conferences free of charge. One of the most widespread programs that use this protocol is Skype, which has also become the successor of Messenger.
Make the most of the VoIP protocol
This program allows you to make phone calls to other users and video conferences totally free of charge, no matter where they are or the platform they are running the application on. It also includes the possibility to call landlines and mobile phones at low-cost thanks to the call plans that it offers, therefore, distances become shorter and communications easier, being the ideal tool if you have to communicate with your loved ones abroad.
- Establish phone calls and video conferences for free by means of the VoIP protocol between Skype users.
- Instant messaging system that has replaced Messenger.
- Call plans that allow communication with landlines and mobile phones at low cost.
- Group conferences and video calls.
- Voicemail and answering machine.
- File transfer system.
Supported by Microsoft
If you choose to use this application you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The reason is that Microsoft has decided to invest heavily into this service and has integrated the instant messaging functions previously included in Messenger. This means that almost all your Messenger contacts now use Skype with the subsequent technical support from this giant of the computer industry.