Means of transport need a deep renovation. That's the reason why services like Uber have appeared, with a peculiar idea of what city and intercity transport should be like.
Works in over 200 cities and 40 countries around the world.
How does this application work?
This application, that has caused a great uproar in many countries, allows us to have a private driver in just a few minutes without needing to book beforehand. For such purpose, you only have to indicate your location on the map that appears on the interface and engage with any of the drivers available. Payments are comfortably made with the credit card information memorized on the app.
After downloading the app and signing in with his phone number, the user can order a car by just pressing one button:
- Step 1: open the application press the button and type in where you want to go.
- Step 2: the system gets your location by means of GPS and send it the nearest drivers.
- Step 3: the driver who has accepted the journey will go to pick you up. You can view his photo, vehicle information, and his position on a map.
- Step 4: once you've arrived at your destination, you'll have to pay by PayPal, credit card or cash, depending on the city.
- Step 5: rate your driver and his vehicle.
An application with plenty of controversy behind it
The birth of this service has meant a real revolution in terms of the transport of people. The professionals of this sector accuse Uber of unfair competition, leading to instability and allowing people that don't fulfill any of the minimum requirements or regulations established to work as professionals.
The trouble is just beginning.
However, there are people that consider it a symbol of freedom and yet another option for when it comes to public transport. Apart from the main service, Travis Kalanick's company offers other services such as UberX and Uber Black, for users who prefer to move around in high-range cars. There's also UberEATS, a food home delivery service that's only available in certain cities.
Regardless of who's right and who's wrong, the truth is that it's an application that has become a must on the iPhone of hundreds of thousands of people around the world.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog available.