If you code on your Mac, you should by interested in Visual Studio Code. This code editor developed by Microsoft is now multiplatform and totally free.
A development environment focused on code.
It's quite user-friendly and it also comes along with almost all the options you need to code without having to install plug-ins or packages.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Keyboard shortcuts for certain actions.
- Functions to find/replace code within a file.
- Possibility to search for code in several files.
- Two preset default themes: light and dark.
- Quick function to go to a file, symbol, a line or a definition.
- Browsing history.
- Support to manage Git repositories.
- Compatible with several different coding languages: C++, Coffee Script, DockerFile, F#, Go, Jade, Java, HandleBars, Makefile, Markdown, Objective-C, Perl, PHP, Python, R, Ruby, SQL, Visual Basic, XML and others.
All in all, it's a program to take into account if you want to get hold of a lightweight and simple code editor.