Taking into account the current capacity of any PC hard drive, if you still download all your movies and series (that's if you still haven't fallen in love with Netflix and HBO) the usual thing would be to do so on your Windows, Mac or Linux computer. But, what happens if you want to watch those multimedia contents on your iPhone or iPad?
Transferring your library of films or TV series from one device to another is not an option, so the best solution has to do with streaming the contents from your PC to your iOS device, a very simple process if you've got VLC Streamer on your iPhone.
How to use VLC Streamer on your iPhone?
Obviously, the first step to start streaming from your PC to your iPhone is to download and install this application on your phone from the App Store. You'll also need to get hold of the corresponding software for your PC, whether Windows (compatible with Vista and above) or Mac (compatible with macOS 10.7 or above).
Just as if you had VLC Player straight on your iPhone.
If both devices are on the same WiFi network, synchronizing them is immediate, and from that moment onwards you can browse the multimedia library from your iPhone to be able to choose the contents to be played and watched on your phone, with the quality of your choice, and without taking up any internal storage space.
- Enjoy all your multimedia content stored on your computer and played with VLC, but now on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Easy to install and use, with the possibility to configure gesture controls.
- Locate your contents on local units or resources shared over the web.
- Stream via WiFi directly from your PC and even live videos on YouTube.
- Includes support for different resolutions and qualities.
Its only drawback? Well, it's a commercial application you have to pay for. However, you can also download a free version under the name of VLC Streamer Free with the tiny disadvantage of having to watch a few adverts.