Traffic and navigation apps are becoming more and more popular by the day and the truth is that they've turned smartphones into alternatives to classic GPS navigators. Even manufacturers of the likes of TomTom or Garmin have started to develop applications for Android and iPhone, aware of the fact that many users resort to them to find their bearings when driving their car or using any other means of transport.
Among these apps, you're probably already very familiar with Google Maps, the mapping, and navigation app par excellence... but without forgetting about Waze - GPS, Maps & Traffic, another geopositioning and map application that can be very useful to draw up routes to travel all over the world.
One of the best maps and navigation apps for Android
With this app, not only will you'll be able to find out how to get to a certain place, but you'll also receive real-time information about the traffic and road conditions. Without a doubt, some extra help to save time, gas, and improve any journey.
The simple fact of driving with this application enabled on your phone is already very important to provide useful information to other users. Its system to quickly share data allows it to warn about any possible risk or alert on the road, and its notification system makes your driving experience much safer.
Once you download its APK, you'll see how its alert system will help you to plan your route better, avoiding areas with lots of traffic, receiving notifications or forecasting the amount of time you'll be stuck in a traffic jam.
- Draw up live routes based on real-time traffic information generated by other users.
- Alert system generated by the user community.
- Step-by-step voice-guided navigation instructions.
- Location of cheap gas stations.
- Maps edited and updated in real time by the community of editors.
- Automatic updated of routes according to the changing road conditions.
- Establish frequent routes and destinations with your usual journey schedules.
- Function to add information about waypoints and local companies.
- See the estimated arrival time of friends when traveling to the same destination.
- Associate your navigation to Facebook events and your Calendar app.
- Earn points by providing road information and climb positions within the user community.
Which one's better? Waze, Google Maps, Sygic, Navfree...?
According to some sources, this is the app that consumes fewer data regardings its rivals. And compared to Google Maps, with more limitations, as it collects data and incidents in real-time its information is much more up to date, as it arrives earlier.
Sygic with TomTom maps or Navfree are very reliable and accurate GPS navigation alternatives for your phone. However, the latter are commercial tools that you have to pay for, so deciding on one or the other, basically, depends on your needs or possibilities.