Think about when you have to send photos and videos to your friends on your phone. You usually do so through WhatsApp, Telegram or any other instant messaging and chat app. Or you can also do so via email... the problem is that the images are compressed to use up less space and bandwidth during the transfer with the subsequent loss of quality. To avoid this drawback you can resort to an application of the likes of WeTransfer.
What is WeTransfer?
It's a service to transfer multimedia files online. In other words, a server on which we can share photos and videos so that they remain online and from where the people with whom we share the corresponding link can download those pictures and videos. Therefore, how it works is also very simple:
- Step 1: open the app and share photos and videos from your camera roll.
- Step 2: upload the images to the server. Make sure you use a WiFi network if you don't want to run out of data.
- Step 3: share the download link with the people of your choice by means of instant messaging, email, social networks...
Share your snaps and videos in the highest quality.
It's one of the most appreciated services by loads of users, as we can read in the opinions that we can find in the App Store, as well as on Google Play on behalf of the Android users that have downloaded and tested its APK.
However, it has the same old drawback as the majority of cloud storage service that is becoming a growing concern: privacy. Remember that you're uploading files to a third-party server that neither you or your contacts can control.
The version for iPhone and iPad offers us features such as the following:
- Transfer photos and videos stored in your albums and your camera roll.
- Possibility to select different albums at the same time.
- Preview photos and videos.
- Possibility to pause the transfer and resume it later on.
Furthermore, you won't have any trouble to send all types of large photos and videos as the limit is currently at 10 GB. Therefore, there's plenty of space to get in all your files.