The date to download the second important Windows 10 update after its Anniversary Update has finally arrived. This new version of Microsoft's operating system comes along with quite a few improvements and new features that we can enjoy on our PC totally free of charge. That's provided you've got Windows 10, of course.
What's new in Windows Creators Update
Its full name is Windows 10 Creators Update and as you've probably gathered it comes along with innovations focused on creative environments in different fields. These are the main features included in the operating system to which you should migrate your Windows 7 (or Vista or XP) if you haven't done so yet:
- A new version of Paint, called Paint 3D, with tools that allow us to carry out 3D drawings. The drawing app has been professionalized with all sorts of functions that allow us to turn 2D designs into 3D and even export them to Microsoft Edge to explore them with a HoloLens headset.
- New functions for gamers that allow them to share their gaming experience with other users by means of Beam. Now, System Settings incorporates a new section that modifies the gaming environment and adds a Gaming Mode. It also expands support for more titles on the game bar.
- Microsoft Edge is enhanced with a new suite of tab management features, new extensions and a new library and reading experience. It also incorporates the possibility to import favorites from other web browsers.
- A new book section is incorporated to the Windows Store, although for the time being it's only available for users that access from the USA.
- New functions for Cortana: music playback control, support to recognize songs in Chinese, Full Screen in Suspension and possibility to allow the user to continue his work on another PC.
- Improvements for the music, maps, and photo applications suite that works on Xbox and Windows Mixed Reality.
- Increases the system's security functions with improvements to Windows Defender Security Center or the Dynamic Block. The settings to configure the user's privacy have also been increased.
- Includes a new version of Skype specially designed for Windows 10 and that offers us new features such as a mini view, delivery of SMS to Windows Phone, and Skype Translator for calls to mobile phones and landlines.
The second important update to Microsoft's operating system is focused on creators.
All these new features had been previously introduced in the Insider program in which Microsoft offers its tester community (which you can join freely) all these improvements for the very first time. However, now they're available to the general public.
How to download and install Windows Creators Update?
Wondering where to download and updated to Windows 10 CU? That's easy: just click on our green download button to be redirected to Microsoft's official website. The update is carried out just like any other one without having to download any kind of ISO. It makes use of its very own download tool:
- Step 1: once we've accessed Microsoft's website, we have to download the tool by clicking on Update Now.
- Step 2: run the installer to launch the process that will check if we meet the requirements.
- Step 3: once verified, click Next and let the installer do all the dirty work.
- Step 4: reboot your computer when indicated to complete the update.
And now just be patient and wait for the system update to be completed. That's it.