Some time ago, if you wanted to know what certain makeup would look like on you, you had two options: or you trusted the images of gorgeous models with loads of Photoshop or you experimented on your own face, investing time and money on cosmetics. But that no longer is so thanks to the technology developed to apply filters and photo effects to images, especially to selfies, that's also present in YouCam Makeup.
This application for iPhone offers us a real-time makeup test on any photo, obtaining extremely realistic results. It's still a photo editing and enhancement app in which the filters and effects that are applied to faces intend to simulate what a certain cosmetic would look like, instead of trying to improve the looks of that picture you want to upload to Instagram.
The selfie editor focused on makeup.
This app offers us a wide range of makeup tools to improve our hairstyle, eyes, skin, lips, and teeth. Each one of them comes along with dozens of colors and combinations that allow you to mix and try out different looks.
This app, that can also be downloaded for free for Android, offers us loads of features such as those listed below, although we have to admit that some of them are quite useless for makeup simulations:
- Cosmeti-Cam function: apply makeup to your selfies in real time.
- Function to record short videos about makeup.
- Beauty Circle, a social network where you can share anything about beauty, explore and discover the latest in makeup and style, follow experts in this industry and share your style with your profile pic, tagging the products you use.
- Always look great with a perfect skin and face in your photos: adjust the skin tone, add blusher and remove reflections, embellish and tone up your skin, remove imperfections to obtain a smooth skin, enhance your nose and face contours...
- Hairstyle function with dozens of styles and tones.
- Obtain fatter lips and perfect teeth.
- Slenderize your eyebrows.
- Makeup tricks.
- Daily horoscope (this is what we meant when we mentioned useless functions).
This selfie editor has been only developed for smartphones, therefore, there's no version available for PC or Mac. In fact, the only way to use it on your desktop is downloading the Android APK and emulating it with the right software on Windows or macOS.