Where do you go each time you want to watch a video on the Internet? Obviously to YouTube, the most important video hosting site in the world and the web that generates the largest amount of traffic. There we can find any kind of audiovisual material, from music video clips to movie trailers, as well as video tutorials about any kind of software, hardware analysis, cat videos and home productions by the most famous youtubers in the world.
Watch the best videos on the Internet from your smartphones.
And you can now enjoy all the advantages of this streaming video service on your Android smartphone or tablet thanks to the official mobile application developed by Google. With the latter, you can access all the usual actions and functions of this platform to search for and watch videos, subscribe to channels, discover the most popular videos at present or save videos to watch them later on.
- Access to YouTube's videos and channels.
- Subscribe to any channel of your interest.
- Incorporates voice search options and search suggestions.
- Choose the quality to view each video.
- Option to watch with or without subtitles.
- Discover the most popular videos at present.
- Multi-window support that allows you to browse YouTube while playing a video.
- Comment and rate videos.
- Share videos with your contacts via messaging apps and social networks.
- Create videos with the new editing tools built into the application.
- Upload your own videos to the platform.
How to use the official Android app?
Using Google's official application to explore all the videos hosted by this service is really easy and intuitive. It offers us four tabs from which we can carry out actions such as:
- Home tab: from where we can explore customized recommendations adapted to our tastes.
- Hot tab: where we can view the most popular videos that everyone's talking about, Katy Perry's latest music video or PewDiePie latest walkthrough.
- Subscription tab: where you can keep up with all the news and updates of your favorite channels.
- Account tab: where you can see the history of all the videos you've ever seen or liked.
How much does video streaming consume?
But beware, because watching videos all day on our phone is great, but better with WiFi unless you've got a flat rate that allows you to consume as many MB as you want. Studies say that a 4-minute video at average quality consumes about 10MB of our data plan. If we increase the quality, we'll also increase the consumption, so be careful about watching dozens of videos one after the other. You might run out of data in less than a day.
Downloading videos from YouTube, from the official client?
You're probably asking yourself if it's possible to download videos straight from the official application of Google's video service. Obviously, you can't. The app doesn't include a magic button to download the audiovisual contents stored on this platform to be able to keep a local copy stored on our phone. To be able to download videos and watch them offline we'll have to resort to tools known as YouTube downloaders or YouTube converters, not approved by the guys at Mountain View, including Tubemate, SnapTube, and Videoder.
But despite not being able to use it to download contents, there's no better application to watch and play videos on our phone. It's the fastest solution and it constantly receives updates to offer you the most modern technology. So don't wait any longer to download its APK.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog available