Every day there are more and more image, drawing and animation professionals capable of making the most of complex and complicated software such as Adobe's. This time around, we want to talk to you about Adobe After Effects, the creative composition and animation application of this brand that has managed to become a standard in its sector.
This program is specialized in video and animations. Thanks to the latter, movie, TV and audiovisual professionals can create animations, apply all sorts of effects to moving images or work on all three dimensions of their videos.
Design animated graphics at professional levels and incredible visual effects for movies, TV and the Internet.
What can I use After Effects for?
This software to create animations and graphics comes along with the following main features:
- Allows you to combine 2D and 3D elements in the same composition.
- You can create, work and animate with texts and vector graphics.
- Includes a huge amount of visual effects that can improve colors, distort waves, give 3D aspect or improve image sharpness.
- Allows the animation of graphics, texts, and videos by using keyframes.
- Enables the full-screen preview on a separate monitor, by means of Mercury Transmit.
- Integrates with Adobe Kuler, for the creation of color schematics.
- Possibility to animate graphics, video, and text through keyframes.
- Integrates perfectly into Creative Cloud Libraries so that the user can make the most of all the Look files, colors, images and other creative resources available.
What's new in the 2019 version of After Effects?
The latest version of this program by Adobe has surprised its users with all sorts of new features that simplify the work of professionals and turn it into the most complete software in its field:
- Allows users to work collaboratively on team projects using shared templates.
- Includes a new 3D processor that allows us to quickly create 3D logos and text.
- Performance improvements thanks to a better and smarter graphics card processing.
- Certain effects have been accelerated such as brightness, contrast, mosaic or shine.
- Installed TypeKit fonts are automatically synchronized with the software.
- Possibility to save compositions as a text template to share with other editors.
- Option to freeze the last frame of the layer until the end of the composition.
- You can customize the name and location templates of the output modules with the time and date.
- Native export of QuickTime files with the Avid DNxHD/HR codec.
Although you can't download After Effects for free, Adobe offers its customers a free one-month trial version through its Creative Cloud platform. If after those 30 days you consider that the software is appropriate for your needs, you have to purchase one of its monthly licenses that cost about 60€ for particular clients, 70€ for companies and 20€ for students and teachers.
What's new in the latest version
- Bug fixes.