The COVID-19 pandemic has caught out healthcare systems across the planet and these are responding by using a range of methods, such as applications like Aarogya Setu, developed by the Indian government.
India's fight against COVID-19
This application, developed by the Indian government's department of health, aims to serve as a basic guide for the public with regard to battling the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic by offering information on basic protective measures that each individual can carry out.
The application aims to get the public involved in the fight against the virus by offering information like the following:
- Information on the risks of infection for both those with and without pre-existing health conditions.
- Ways and means of preventing infection.
- Announcements regarding containment of the pandemic and measures taken by the government.
- The protocol for action in the event of possible infection.
What's new in the latest version
- Bug fixes and a new option to share your vaccination status on social networks.