There's life beyond Photoshop in the world of photo editing, as you probably already know. There are alternatives to Adobe's program that as efficient or even more so, as is the case of Aurora HDR. It's one of the most advanced high-dynamic range photo editors that we can download to our Windows PC, as well as for computers equipped with macOS.
This is an editor that is focused on all sorts of photographers and image editors, whether they use a realistic style in their photo enhancements or prefer a more creative side of life. It comes along with functions and features that are capable of enhancing, on the one hand, the natural aspect of the image and, on the other, apply different effects that take editing to the furthest extent.
Appropriate for any level of knowledge
One of the advantages that we'll find in Aurora's editor is its user interface. To use it, you won't need to muck around with impossible control panels as it has been designed offering all the tools in a clear manner so it isn't hard to find the different functions. The basic actions are all located on the upper bar, whilst the right-hand-side toolbar includes drop-down menus with advanced editing actions, which are also easy to understand.
One of the most advanced high-dynamic range photo editors on the market.
These are the main features included in this powerful image editor:
- Advanced tonal mapping technology.
- Advanced image processing engine.
- Intuitive user interface.
- HDR booster.
- Support for native RAW files.
- Edit history panel.
- Lens correction tool.
- Compare before and after editing.
- Modification of color temperature.
- Image masking.
- Cropping tool.
- Detail, clarity, and structure controls.
- Customization of textures.
- Image processing in batches.
- Extension that makes it compatible with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom.
All these features can be found in the version of Aurora HDR 2018 for Windows and that you can try out for free by downloading the trial version that works for 14 days. This app comes along with quite a few improvements regarding Aurora 2017 suggested by both its development team and users.
What's new in the latest version?
With the new version 1.2.0, the development company behind Aurora HDR, Skylum, has put in a lot of effort to speed up the workflow, trying to make it more efficient from the very first stage of project. The latter can be appreciated in the following improvements:
- Faster photo adjusting and editing.
- Greater speed when it comes to opening files.
- Batch processing.
- Improved memory management.
- Different aspects of the user interface have been improved, correcting several errors.
- Introduces support for new cameras.