Autodesk Fusion 360 is a really complete program that, as you can gather from its name, merges CAD, CAM and CAE, in other words, computer-aided design, manufacturing and engineering in a single cloud-based tool accessible from any computer, whether Windows or Mac.
Industrial and mechancial engineering, design and manufacturing in a single program.
Therefore, it offers the user the possibility to design, test and manufacture a tool or object anywhere and sharing the achievements and problems of the process with other team members, regardless of their physical location and the operating system used.
- Sculpt and model your designs freely thanks to T-Spline technology.
- Solid, parametric and grid modeling.
- Simulate and test your designs by means of thermal stress and linear static stress tests.
- Import files in the most popular CAD formats such as SLDPRT, SAT, IGES, STEP, STL or OBJ.
- Export files in the following formats: IGES, SAT, SMT, STEP, F3D or DXF.
- Study your designs in movement and check out their adaptability.
- 2, 2.5 and 3-axis machining.
- 3D printing tools.
Taking all the latter into account, Autodesk Fusion 360 looks like a solid alternative to other products such as Solidworks, as it comes along with a wide range of functions at a much lower price.