Mobile devices, both iOS with iPhone and iPad and Android, are becoming excellent platforms for the development of music games in which the user has to pretend to be an expert handling an instrument, whether a piano, guitar or any other one, playing the notes and chords to the rhythm of the music.
There are dozens of games of this nature. On the one hand, we've got the series of Magic Tiles games; on the other; hits of the likes of Super Pads, and we can't forget about titles such as Rock Hero, a clear tribute to the father of all these games: Guitar Hero. And now we have to add to this collection Beat Fever: Music Tap Rhythm Game, a game for iPhone in which you'll have to prove your great reflexes and hearing.
Music game all about following the rhythm of the music.
This Beat Fever follows suit to the above-mentioned games as we'll also have to sharpen our hearing to tap the screen of our phone at the precise moment to follow the rhythm of some of the most popular songs at present of artists such as Sia, Zayn Malik, Pitbull, Zhu, MGMT, Kaskade or Macklemore.
However, the game is definitely not child's play as it can be really complicated and at certain moments it's almost impossible to follow the music accurately. However, it's still worthwhile trying to enjoy the title without resorting to the classic hacks and cheats to make progress. These are its most noteworthy functions:
- Create and customize your own avatar.
- Play the notes of the songs the top the music charts.
- Tap the screen as the note reaches your music monsters.
- For the longer notes (followed by a continuous line), keep the screen pressed.
- Increasing difficulty levels so you don't get bored.
- Real-time multiplayer mode to compete against other users from all over the world.
- General classification with the points awarded in each challenge.