When your booting hard drive suffers problems on computers using the Microsoft operating systems, it's usual that users don't know how to recover the information that they have stored. The main idea behind BootMed is to solve this problem.
Save your information
With BootMed the user will have access to all the tools necessary to be able to recover the files stored on a damaged hard drive, furthermore, the designers have kept less experienced users of Linux in mind when developing this distribution including a series of tutorials to learn to recover information.
Among the problems that BootMed can help to solve, users will find:
- Recovery of a deleted file, using the TestDisk, PhotoRec and Foremost tools.
- Detection of viruses with ClamWin and Stinger.
- Several Windows errors (Blue Screen of Death, Operating System Not Found,...).
- Accidental elimination of a partition.
- Secure deletion of a hard drive.
- And a lot more.
Therefore, if you want to recover information of a hard drive or you need to fix a Windows error, download BootMed.