One of the most striking news of the year about the instant messaging application par excellence was the implementation of the video call function between WhatsApp contacts that was launched last November. But much before the chat service decided to offer that functionality officially, there was already a method to hold video conferences on that platform: Booyah Group Video Chats for WhatsApp.
WhatsApp video chats before they even existed.
And as you've probably gathered from its name, this Android application surpasses one of the limitations of WhatsApp's new function that only allows us to establish video calls with one contact at a time. With Booyah we can hold video conferences in group with up to 12 users at once, with the screen automatically adapting to the number of participants.
How does this group video chat work?
The best thing about this app is that it's totally free and doesn't require signups or logins, as well as being very easy to use and very secure. Just download the APK to your Android smartphone, install the application and follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Open the app and press the button Start Now!.
- Step 2: You'll appear on screen shot by your phone's selfie camera. Don't forget to smile!
- Step 3: Press the green button on the upper part of the interface to add contacts to the video chat. Remember that there's a maximum of twelve.
- Step 4: Choose where to search for contacts. The usual thing is to do so via WhatsApp, but you can also use Facebook Messenger, LINE or flick through your email contacts.
- Step 5: Wait for the invitation link to be generated and send it to the contacts of your choice.
- Step 6: Just wait for them to accept your request and access the app to start chatting to them.
- Step 7: Talk to your friends as you would do face to face, being able to add emoticons and stickers to your video conversation.
- Step 8: Press the red button to hang up whenever you want to leave the chat.