Tools to detect trojans, viruses, malware and other threats can also be open source. That's the case of ClamAV, an antivirus currently developed by Cisco Systems that's distributed and updated totally free.
A very efficient security solution.
It's a tool considered as the software standard to scan emails. It guarantees excellent performance and a high versatility in its analyses, as it supports a wide range of file formats, including zipped formats.
- Command-line scanner.
- Advanced database update.
- Integrated support for all standard email formats.
- Support for several file formats.
- Integrated support for executable files.
- Support for the most popular document formats.
If you're looking for a free reliable antivirus, ClamAV and its open source solution can be what you were looking for.