There are many video formats and codecs available, meaning that depending on the device on which we want to play the video or our compression needs, we can choose the correct one. But with such diversity, we can often find that we are missing the right codec to start playing the video.
A solution that avoids having to install each codec one by one is to use a codec pack. The main drawback that can appear in these cases is the incompatibility between the different codecs that we have already installed on our computer. To solve this, the perfect solution is Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP).
Combined Community Codec Pack is a small codec pack compatible with Windows Vista, XP and 2000, which includes everything necessary to play all the most common multimedia files. Its main advantage is that, within its possibilities, it avoids conflicts with the rest of the codecs installed and, furthermore, it allows the user to install the entire pack or only the selected components.
- FFDShow filters that allow us to preview H.264/AVC, DivX and XviD.
- Haali Media Splitter, to play MKV, MP4, OGM, and AVI.
- VSFilter that offers compatibility with SSA/ASS, SRT, and VOBSUB Subtitles.
- The Windows Media codecs, WMV9VCM.
- The free player Media Player Classic Homecinema.