A solution that avoids having to install each codec one by one is to use a codec pack. The main drawback that can appear in these cases is the incompatibility between the different codecs that we have already installed on our computer. To solve this, the perfect solution is Combined Community Codec Pack (CCCP).
Combined Community Codec Pack is a small codec pack compatible with Windows Vista, XP and 2000, that includes everything necessary to play all the most common multimedia files. Its main advantage is that, within its possibilities, it avoids conflicts with the rest of the codecs installed and, furthermore, it allows the user to install the entire pack or only the selected components.
Some of the components that Combined Community Codec Pack includes are:
- FFDShow filters that allow us to preview H.264/AVC, DivX and XviD.
- Haali Media Splitter, to play MKV, MP4, OGM and AVI.
- VSFilter that offers compatibility with SSA/ASS, SRT and VOBSUB Subtitles.
- The Windows Media codecs, WMV9VCM.
- The free player Media Player Classic Homecinema.