Over the last few years, we've seen a rise in cooking games. We're not sure if it's due to TV programs of the likes of Top Chef or Iron Chef, due to the new wave of avant-garde chefs or due to any other reason, but cooking seems to be in fashion. Just another reason for kids to start off in the cuisine world with games that help them to become familiar with the kitchen.
In Cooking Mama, we'll come across an entertaining cooking game with a gradual level of difficulty in which the players have to up to the challenge of preparing recipes. For such purpose, they'll have to follow all the steps indicated to make each dish, just like in a real kitchen: controlling all the preparation and cooking times, making sure nothing is under or over-cooked.
Nintendo 3DS' Cooking Mama now in a version for smartphones.
This is an Android version in APK format of the game that we had already previously seen on video consoles such as the Nintendo 3DS or the Nintendo Wii. A real hit with loads of versions: Cooking Mama 2, 3, 4, 5...
These are the main features and functions of this game that can help you to become the next Gordon Ramsey:
- Prepare over 30 different recipes by means of its mini-game system.
- Provide yourself with the ingredients you need to cook.
- Manage your own restaurant and prepare all sorts of dishes to satisfy your customers.
- Compete on online rankings trying to reach the highest score in the world.
- Decorate your kitchen with all sorts of objects.
- Combine two recipes to make new dishes.
- Watch videos of real-life recipes.
- Record and share your cooking creations with the rest of the world.
As we mentioned above, this is a cooking simulator aimed at kids that can make them fall in love with this art. By the way, there's also a version of Cooking Mama for iOS if you want to download it to your iPhone or iPad.