WhatsApp Web is the official ways of having a desktop client of the most popular chat and messaging application on iPhone and Android. However, there are plenty of options developed by third parties that arise as alternatives when it comes to having WhatsApp on Mac.
Not an official client as in the case of Telegram or LINE, but it can get you out of a tight spot.
The main advantage of DesktopApp for WhatsApp is that we won't need to use a browser like Firefox or Chrome to send messages from our computer. This OS X app provides us with a shortcut by opening a window from which we'll have access to the most popular messaging app.
- Chat with your contacts.
- Send and receive emojis.
- Send multimedia files by dragging and dragging on chats.
- Receive notifications.
- Listen to audio recordings.
- Access programs of the operating system from the dock.
- Split-screen and full-screen support.
- Security password.
- Amount of unread messages on the menu bar.