In its eagerness to bring together loads of different functions and offer its own version of the Internet, Facebook has gradually incorporated new features to its social network that has now become something that goes way beyond its initial concept.
From our user profile we can find out what events are being announced on pages or profiles that we follow because we're interested in them, so they've now released an app that brings them all together as if it were a personal organizer. We're talking about Facebook Local.
Check what events are taking place in your area which you may be interested in
Thanks to this application, you'll be able to check in a single glance everything that's taking place in your area and that you might be interested in: concerts, exhibitions, presentations, parties... it brings together on a single profile and sorted according to different criteria all the activities of your interest:
- Find out what activities or events are going to be attended by your friends.
- Discover what's going on in your city right now or what's going to happen by checking the calendar.
- Find activities based on the geolocation of your device.
- Check the calendar to view the next events you might be interested in.
- Look up the details of each announcement with all the updates made by the person who published them.
- Receive alerts about any aspect that may affect an event of your interest.
If you're always lookin for something to do or somewhere to go, this is the application you need.
What to do this weekend in New York? What to do today in London? What concerts are being held in Los Angeles? All these questions can be quickly answered with this Facebook app that works just like a fast social-cultural agenda that you can download to your iPhone.