Family Locator - GPS Phone Tracker is an application for iOS devices that intends to help you know where your family is at all times for security reasons, although we have to admit that it does strike up some privacy issues.
And although I'm sure you can think of some perverse uses of the app, the truth is that it has been developed with the idea in mind of keeping an eye on kids and old-aged people. Or at least their phones.
How does Family Locator work?
How it works is very simple: just install the application on both the tracker and tracked phones (you'll have to give permission to allow being tracked down). From that moment onwards, you'll be able to see on a map the exact location in real-time of the smartphone (whether iPhone or Android, as there's also an APK for this operating system) we want to locate.
This child safety app designed by Sygic has been awarded by different parent communities.
There's no need for us to say that it works using your GPS, therefore, having the phone's geolocation enabled is a must. You can use the app for the following situations:
- View the location of members of your family in real time.
- Share messages between groups.
- Know when they've left a specific place.
- Send and receive SOS messages with an exact location.
- Receive notifications when they arrive at a certain place.
- Tell the others where they are with a single screen tap.
- Provide locations only to people of trust.
It's a very simple way of knowing where our most vulnerable family members are (kids and old people), regardless of how busy we are. In any case, if you're not a child and you're not that old, don't trust anyone that wants to install this app on your iPhone.